Family Based

US Citizen and permanent residents may petition certain members of your family to receive a Green Card, a fiancé(e) visa or a K-3/K-4 visa. To apply for Permanent Residence for a family member, you must present proof of your legal status as well as documentation proving your relationship to the petitioner in question. Family members may include:

  • Spouse
  • Children – unmarried children and under 21 years of age; or married and/or over 21 years of age
  • Step children – unmarried children and under 21 years of age
  • Fiancé and the children of your fiancé
  • Parents
  • Siblings



Employment Based


You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you are an alien of extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a certain multinational executive or manager.



This preference is for employment creation-investor visas. It provides conditional residency for those who invest $1.8 million in a new commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 full time US workers. A lesser investment of $700,00 may qualify the investor if the investment is in one of the targeted employment areas. These include rural areas with population of less than 20,000 or locations that have experienced unemployment at 150% of the national average.



Green Card and Citizenship Application Miami Attorney

Applying for a U.S. Green Card or Citizenship?

A great immigration lawyer makes all the difference to your case. At JM Immigration Firm PLLC, we have hard-working, honest professionals ready to help you. Passionate about what we do, we bring forward the best results possible without breaking your wallet. We will not overcharge you or fail to bring forward our promised services.

We know that one mistake could hinder your case, or even worse, damage it in a way that may never recover. This is why we hold the best JM Immigration Firm to handle your case. Specializing in this area, we see a wide number of cases. We are confident that while your situation is unique, we have experienced one like it.

This means that we know what to expect and can streamline the process of getting your case resolved. We are here if you need us and want the best results possible. Some of the services we offer involve filing for a petition for a visa or green card. We are also a suitable option if you’re applying for your U.S. citizenship!

Having us on your side will help you avoid common mistakes. We advise you every step of the way and are always willing to answer questions or concerns you may have. Immigration services are complex, but you can have peace of mind that you’re in capable hands when working alongside our team of attorneys.


Applying for U.S. Citizenship

Becoming an American citizen may be a dream you have not yet attained. Gaining your citizenship opens new doors and provides opportunities for yourself and your family that you wouldn’t have otherwise including:

  • Access to a U.S. Passport
  • The right to vote
  • Protection from deportation

While this sounds amazing, there are a few steps before starting the process of filing a US citizenship application. You first need to establish that you’re eligible to file, and you should know that you will be fingerprinted and then interviewed. You also will need to pass English knowledge exams and U.S. civics before attending an oath ceremony.

We understand this can be an intimidating and confusing process, which is why we’re here to make you feel confident and prepared for this big step forward. We will first find out whether you are eligible to apply, and if you are, we streamline the process going forward. If you are not, we will help you determine if there are ways to overcome barriers to your ineligibility.

Our services make it possible to apply for U.S. Citizenship. At your side, every step of the way, our team of attorneys navigate the complexities of becoming a U.S. citizen, resulting in your citizenship. Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can help!


Applying for a U.S. Green Card

A green card gives you the ability to live and work permanently in the United States. This is a big accomplishment for foreign citizens since applying for a U.S. green card is not a simple process. The steps required for applying vary depending on your individual situation, which is why the help of an attorney is recommended.

There are two important questions you need to ask yourself before filling out a US Green Card application:

  • Are you eligible to apply?
  • Are you currently inside or outside the U.S.?

Depending on the answers to these questions, you need to take specific steps. If you are not yet eligible, what is stopping your eligibility? If you are able to apply, what is your next step forward? We know you may have several questions regarding the process of obtaining a green card. Here are some common questions answered to help you understand the process better.

Make an appointment for a consultation

Legal advice is the application of abstract principles of law to the concrete facts of the client’s case
in order to advise the client about what they should do next. Only a properly licensed lawyer may provide a correct legal advice.